Who does not love Blackberry Cobbler!
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9”x 6” rectangular or 8”x 8” square baking dish.
Place berries in prepared pan. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Whisk together flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well-blended. Mix in dry ingredients until mixture resembles crumbs. Drop dough evenly on top of berries.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and fruit is bubbly.
Notes: Great with mixed berries or other fruit, and can be doubled for a 9 x 13 dish.