This weekend I was showing my Sister in-law how to make Lemon cello, we both made a batch. If you have read my Lemon cello recipe then you know, you just use the zest of all those lemons, and you are left with a pile of naked lemons! I juiced all mine and started looking for ways to use the juice. I did freeze some…but that did not satisfy my NEED to DO SOMETHING with it!
So I bought a jug of 100 proof Vodka, I have fruit that needs to be used up too…
Lemon Drop Moonshine
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 6 Cups of Water
- 2 Cups of 100 proof Vodka
- 2 Cups of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (approximately 8 lemons)
- Add sugar to warm water and let completely dissolve.
- After dissolving let completely cool.
- Pour in alcohol and lemon juice.
- pour into jars with lids
- Let it sit for a few weeks to a couple of months, it just gets better with age, serve ice cold!
NOTE: This turned out so good! If you like Lemon drop martinis, you will LOVE this.
- 1 Liter of 100 proof Vodka
- 18 0z. of fresh blackberries (or pour your vodka into your 1/2 gallon jar and fill the rest of the jar with the berries)
Pour the alcohol into a 1/2 gallon jar with a lid.
Add all of the blackberries.
Crush the blackberries with a wooden spoon.
Seal the jar and let it sit for 3 weeks.
Shake the jar every other day.
After the alcohol and blackberries have sat for 3 weeks, you’ll make a simple syrup to add to the mixture.
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- Bring water to a boil and add sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves then let cool to room temperature.
- While the simple sugar mixture is cooling, take your alcohol and blackberry mixture and strain out the remaining blackberries.
- Return the alcohol mixture into its jar and pour in the simple sugar mixture.
- Seal the jar and let sit for 2 weeks or longer.
NOTE: I let mine age for months and it was worth the wait! intense blackberry flavor and smooth, this was beyond yummy!
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh watermelon juice (use a seedless watermelon and juice only the ripe red areas, no rind at all)
- 1 1/2 cups 100 proof Vodka
- Strain the fresh watermelon juice through a cheesecloth lined fine mesh strainer, to remove any solids.
- In a quart sized glass jar with a fitted lid, combine the strained watermelon juice and the Vodka. Place the lid on tightly.
- Shake to evenly combine. Place in a cool dry area for 5 to 10 days. Be sure to shake twice a day. The juice will continue to separate from the spirits so shaking to combine daily is important to really infuse the flavor.
- After at least 5 days, combine 2 cups of simple syrup with the 4 cups of watermelon infused Vodka, and stir until evenly combined.
2 cups simple syrup (Equal parts water and sugar, combined and heated until sugar is dissolved), cooled to room temperature.