Almond Butter Cheerio Bars
These are sweet and salty crunchy chewy all at the same time. I make my Energy Bites all the time and this is a great way to mix it up. I like to always have a healthy grab and go in the fridge and these fit the bill deliciously!
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 3/4 Cup Almond Butter (or any kind of nut butter you like)
- 1/4 Cup Flax seed meal
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp Coconut oil
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat medium saucepan over low heat and add in honey and almond butter. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Stir in flaxseed meal then transfer to a large bowl. Stir in Cheerios. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and press to sides evenly. Then press very firmly down with your hands.
- Chocolate drizzle – place dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir. If chocolate hasn’t melted completely place in microwave again in 10 second intervals and stir until melted.
- Drizzle over bars . Place pan in the freezer for a few minutes to help cool bars and harden chocolate. Cut into squares. Store in the fridge.