If you LOVE lemon like my daughter and I do, you will go nut for these!
We are having a couples weekend with my daughter and her boyfriend, at the beach for the seafood and wine festival. We will be staying at a beach house so we can BBQ yummy seafood we catch, and crab off the dock.
I always take plenty of homemade snacks and goodies and my girl loves her lemon, so these are perfect!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- yellow food coloring, optional and as desired
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice, or as necessary for consistency
- lemon zest, for garnishing (if you be fancy)
- To the mixer add, the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, light, fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, and lemon extract, and beat on medium-high speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- If adding the lemon food coloring add now with the lemon zest, and beat on medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute; don’t over mix.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate of 2-3 hours. (do not skip this step)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place 2 inch apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, don’t over Cookies firm up as they cool, leave on cookie sheet for 5 minuets before transferring to cooling rack . Allow cookies to cool completely before glazing.
Enjoy the soft tangy sweet goodness!