I still might be on my Jam/Jelly kick… In my defense I had a bag of peppers that needed to be used up to make this yummy Jalapeno Jelly! Plus my daughters boyfriend loves spicy and is doing a lot of cooking on his Traeger BBQ so he will be the recipient of some as well.
- 1 lg. red bell pepper
- 1 lg. green bell pepper
- 10 jalapenos – leave seeds in for spicy hot, or take out for more mild.
- 1 1/2 c. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 c. sugar
- 1 pouch liquid fruit pectin
- In food processor, finely chop peppers.
- Put in large pot with vinegar, salt and sugar. Boil for 10 minutes stirring often.
- Add pectin pouch and boil 1 more minute.
- Fill canning jars. Water bath for 10 minutes (it may take a day or two for it to set). Makes about 8 half pint jars. Great with crackers and cream cheese. Also use as a dipping sauce or marinade for steak or chicken.
Enjoy the spicy!
You also might love my Onion Marmalade – Sweet and Spicy