I love late Summer, early Fall harvest! My tomato plants went crazy, so I made a batch of this crazy good tomato jam! I was caning up another batch of Jalapeno pepper jelly Because we discovered how amazing it is on feta cheese, bacon burgers and now we are down to the last jar! so you know if I’m haling out the caner I’m going to make the most of it. So tomato jam it is! Boy is it worth it! I can’t wait to try it on a burger!
- 4 Lb Ripe tomato (use your garden harvest, of any variety of your liking)
- 3 cups light brown sugar
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- 3 TBSP low or no suger pectin
- 6-8 half pint jars
- Quarter Tomatoes and put in food processor, pulse until crushed. (Skin seeds and all.)
- Transfer the tomato puree to a medium pot set over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, lemon zest and juice, and ground ginger.
- Cook to boil, stirring frequently, turn down to simmer, stir occasionally, until the mixture is thick and jam like, this will take about an hour and a half to two hours. When thick and jam like add pectin and boil for one minuet.
- Ladle hot jam into jars and water bath can for 20 min.
NOTES: This is a great base recipe super yummy on it’s own or spice it up with your favorite sweet or spicy combo, or add Bourbon and Bacon!