This is a great, quick and yummy way to use up some over rip Bananas, so moist and flavorful!
You could also do the yellow cake portion from scratch, but today I was all about something fast….it’s 105 out today! I think this will be a great way to top off our Sunday dinner of Pork ribs, Corn on the Cobb, and pasta salad. Once you taste it you won’t feel the least bit guilty about the box cake mix….Enjoy!
Yes I own 16 place settings of different colored fiesta wear,(among a staggering amount of various serving wear and vintage pieces) and I feel genuine anxiety if their is a color I don’t own. I have been collecting for about 37 years and I use them daily. I just love all the happy color! And it all looks even better with cake on it so lets do this! yummmm CAKE!
Banana Pudding Cake
- 2 very, very ripe medium bananas, roughly mashed.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package of banana cream instant pudding powder, vanilla bean pudding is great also.
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil, can sub veg oil if needed.
- Optional Icing: I like to drizzle cream cheese frosting, or dust with powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower-middle position. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and instant pudding powder. Add eggs, milk, sour cream, and oil. Whisk just until incorporated. Fold in bananas just until combined; don’t over-mix.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached. My oven takes 35 minuets, so keep an eye out. Don’t over bake.
- Cool completely in pan on rack. Once cool, Invert and remove cake.
- Frost if desired.