My pup goes nuts for these! They are high in fat so just one or two a week.
We gave Wren her first pig ear at about 8 weeks, she nearly lost her mind with happiness! after buying a couple I wondered how they were preserved and processed so decided I would just make my own and have peace of mind.
These will make your family think they are having pork roast for dinner as they cook for 4 hours.
Every dog I know loves these!
Pig Ear Dog Treats
- Package of raw pig ears (as many as you like) I get mine at the Asian Market.
- Olive oil
- Cut pig ears in two or three strips
- Coat with olive oil
- Lay all the pig ear strips on the wire rack.
- line pan underneath with tin foil to catch any drippings.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake the ears for about 4 hours.
- The ears will turn a nice golden brown.
- They will also puff up quite a bit.
- Let the strips cool for a bit before serving them to your dog.
- Any unused portions should be stored in the fridge in a paper bag until you are ready to use them.