One of the wonderful benefits of living in the Pacific North West, is we have so many options for outdoor recreation. I can be at the Beach, or the mountains in just a couple of hours, and when we go the the beach we always stop on our way at this sweet little cafe that has the BEST Molasses Bread, it’s sweet, dense, moist with a thick chewy crust. OH MY GOODNESS it’s yummy!
Today I’m baking many loafs of my classic White Bread for Thanksgiving, But I can’t stop thinking about that Molasses bread……So in my quest to satisfy my craving I came up with this lovely. My family loved it! I hope you enjoy it!
Molasses Brown Bread
3/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon instant Coffee (mix into the warm water)
1/4 cup molasses
3 cups of flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1 tablespoon Cocoa
1 1/2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons of butter
1 package of yeast (2 teaspoons)
Add ingredients to your bread machine in the order recommended by its manufacturer.
Mine are as follows and is the standard for most: ( I have the West Bend Automatic Bread & Dough maker )
- Add all liquid to bread pan
- Add all dry ingredients, Except yeast. Tap pan to settle and level dry ingredients, pushing some of the flour mixture into the corners.
- Place a piece of butter into each corner of pan on top of dry ingredients.
- Make a slight well in center of ingredients and add yeast.
- Place you pan into your bread machine chamber and pick the setting you have chosen.
Use a basic bread cycle if you are letting your bread machine bake it, I don’t like the way it looks that way so I do the following.
*I do not bake mine in the bread machine. I use the dough cycle and then, take it out of the pan give it a quick need put it in a bread pan let it do one more rise until double in size and bake it at 350 for around 25 min until golden brown. all ovens very so check on it.